My plugin Medieval Realms is getting big. The last stable version I released was roughly 42,000 lines. The new version of Medieval Realms is probably going to end up even bigger.

Keeping track of things has meant I’ve had to step up my game when it comes to version control. Simply copying the source files to a DIY “version control” folder structure is no longer going to cut the mustard.

I learnt this the hard way, when making a change to the source code and breaking the plugin, but only realising several hours later. It took even longer then to unpick the changes I had made to get back to a stable working state.

So as of today I’m going to use Git for version control. It’s actually really simple to setup. Especially when you have a explainer video.