Just a (minimal) list of applications I’ve found so far for Pixel Art. Placed into two basic categories, commercial and free. Apps that are too expensive for pixel art (like photoshop) or lack descent animation functionality (like Gimp) have been left out.
- LibreSprite (open source branch of Aseprite)
- GrafX2 (inspired by Amiga’s Deluxe Paint ❤)
- Piskel (browser based, but downloadable version too)
- Lospec (browser based, but great palette selections)
- Graphics Gale (No eraser tool! But workarounds)